Skip to main content

A Blender Without a Lid

Having two children is kind of like a blender without a lid. You are busy all the time and sometimes it's pure chaos. I never knew that I would love the cause of chaos and the chaos itself so much. <3

Since my last blog, we added another child into the mix. Our sweet baby girl, Meredith, was born in December. She was very much planned and took almost a year to conceive. I did NOT want another Winter baby, but that is what God had in mind for us. Thank you God, because she is perfect! Even though she was planned, I struggled a lot with "letting go" of my first baby and the idea of sharing my time. The very night we found out I was pregnant, I held Max in bed and cried and cried and thought "What in the world did we do!?" So many emotions as my pregnancy went on and things I worried about. My delivery with Max was horrific - was this going to be the same!? Turns out, on the day she was born all of those worries went out the door and now seemed so silly. My delivery (scheduled c-section) was fantastic, as fantastic as a c-section could be and we stuck to our birth plan. Breastfeeding was going amazing and I felt amazing. My recovery was a breeze compared to Max. 

I always told myself after Max I wanted NO MORE kids. I got rid of most of his baby things and moved on. Now we are 4.5 months into life with two kids and it's really, really great. Like I said earlier it's chaos sometimes, but I would do it a million times over. It's hard, you have to learn a whole new way of doing things and you have to plan out almost everything. Not saying I don't lose my shit sometimes because I'm human and I'm a mother, so I probably lose my shit on the daily. Like, I'm sure the neighbors can hear me yelling at my 3 year old and have contemplated calling DCFS, haha. It's definitely not always sunshine and rainbows. Tonight for instance, burgers were being grilled outside and Max decided he would add his own touch to them and threw dirt on them. I know what you're wondering... "What did you do for dinner?" Well, we ate the burgers of course. 

Parenting is tough. REAL TOUGH. Absolutely the hardest thing I have ever done. You question yourself a lot and compare yourself to other mothers. I am battling with myself if I am giving my children the same amounts of attention. I am trying to enjoy Meredith's baby stages as much as possible. After all, I was able to give Max my undivided attention since he was the only one for quite some time. I still beat myself up sometimes and even when it's real late at night, after I've rocked Meredith to sleep, I will still go into Max's room to get some extra cuddles because we both need them.

Well. I just wanted to write a blog because I felt like it and it's been a minute since I've wrote one. My life is basically consumed by my children. Having two really makes you see how fast time goes by. I soak in the moments as much as I can. It seems like I was just giving birth to my first yesterday and now here I have a 3 year old and 4 month old. I really do thank God every single day for the blessings he has provided me. There are a lot of women out there who would give anything to be a mother and I get to experience it times 2.  

Image may contain: 3 people, including Kelsey Johns, people smiling, eyeglasses and closeup

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30 days of Thanks

Hello, hello, hello. I was at work thinking about this giving thanks for something every day of November. It is a pretty nifty idea... something I picked up from my wonderful friend, Lacy : ) So, what if we take this month and every day out of it to give thanks for something or someone? Way too often we focus on the bad things surrounding us vs. all of the good things we have in our lives and should be thankful for. We are all very guilty of this. Sometimes, it does not take much to bring down our entire day. There is so much I am thankful for, so I want to take this one month and every day of it, to tell you. What are you thankful for? Comment on this blog :)

Love & Other Drugs

I had been so ready to see the movie, Love and Other Drugs.  What a disappointment. I could not even get through all of the movie. I plan on watching it again today...alone. I watched it last night with Brad, so I don't know if that had anything to do with it. I should probably watch the movie in full before I start giving reviews about the movie as a whole. However, the first half...nothing but sex! Now, I am not against a good sex scene in a movie here and there, but come on. Not to mention that I have lost a little respect for Anne Hathaway. What is with her showing her breasts every chance she gets? Not to mention the near full frontals. She went from Princess Diaries to...this. I know, I know, she's grown up and I am sure she has been there and done that. I really expected nothing less of Jake Gyllenhaal. He is a man and let's face it...Brokeback Mountain.   I guess I am just speaking about movies in general. It just irritates me. It seems that we cannot watch a movie

I can feel it coming in the air tonight..

This is going to be the blog to win them all. I just got home from work a bit ago. While I was at work someone showed me a Facebook picture of some pregnant girl standing in front of the mirror taking a picture of herself while smoking a cigarette. She is about 18/19. Standing in front of the mirror. Smoking a cigarette. Oh wait..did I say that twice? Yeah..guess so, because it is so crazy. I have nothing against young girls getting pregnant as long as you can take care of your business. There is a problem with people these days and I cannot figure it out. I am sure it has been going on for quite some time, but now that I am older, I actually notice it. People like to blame it on their past and how they had to grow up, but those excuses do not cut it for me. I grew up with a really crappy childhood and most statistics would say that I should probably be into drugs, etc. by the way I grew up. Have some respect for yourself is all I have to say. It's ridiculous. If you do not respect