Love & Other Drugs

I had been so ready to see the movie, Love and Other Drugs. What a disappointment. I could not even get through all of the movie. I plan on watching it again today...alone. I watched it last night with Brad, so I don't know if that had anything to do with it. I should probably watch the movie in full before I start giving reviews about the movie as a whole. However, the first half...nothing but sex! Now, I am not against a good sex scene in a movie here and there, but come on. Not to mention that I have lost a little respect for Anne Hathaway. What is with her showing her breasts every chance she gets? Not to mention the near full frontals. She went from Princess Diaries to...this. I know, I know, she's grown up and I am sure she has been there and done that. I really expected nothing less of Jake Gyllenhaal. He is a man and let's face it...Brokeback Mountain. I guess I am just speaking about movies in general. It just irritates me. It seems that we cannot watch a movie without a sex scene or the "typical" love story. I hate the predictability. The thing is, I am a fan of those movies. I think a lot of us are. I would just like a breather here and there.

I plan on re-watching Love & Other Drugs tonight...the whole thing, even if it kills me. I am no movie critic, but I have to have some kind of topic to talk about.

Comments

  1. I enjoy a good movie that ends unpredictably. I thought (500) Days of Summer would... But he still ends up with someone, and that's kind of a disappointment. He's Just Not That Into You is a good example where not everyone wins, but the main character Gigi STILL ends up with the guy. What the hell?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah...500 Days of Summer. I haven't been able to get through that one either. Ahh, He's Just Not That Into You. I love that movie! You do not expect a lot to happen and there is VERY little sex. I guess Gigi HAD to end up with the guy or it would not be "typical". Rats.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment