Skip to main content

Mom mom mom mom mom mom....

In honor of Mother's Day this Sunday and the fact that I haven't wrote a blog in ages, I thought that I would write about being a mom. The last time I wrote a blog, my son was 4 months old and now he is 2 years and 4 months old. So much has happened since then.

I had always wanted to be a mom and as it turns out, it's not a bad gig. I really love it. By all means, it has been one of the most difficult things I have ever done, but definitely the most rewarding. He amazes me every single day and I cannot get over how smart such a tiny human can be. He's quite the mouth piece, quick-witted, and he even throws out sarcasm sometimes. How can a 2 year old be so sarcastic? He knows exactly what he's doing most of the time. There are days I want to beat him to pieces because he tests me beyond my limits. Don't worry, I've never actually beat him. I mean, sometimes he acts like I have beaten him and that he's dying, but I have never even came close. I am a spanker though. At home, at the store, at your house, at your sister's house... I really don't care where we are. Being a mom is not for the weak. It is TOUGH and it is tiring. I always say that being tired is just a part of who I am now and it's pretty much the truth. In the last 2 years we have had 2 trips to the emergency room. Before he was one, he busted his lip off of the end table and now he has a nice little scar. Before he was two, he fell down some wooden stairs and bloodied his nose, bumps and bruises and a big ole goose egg on his head. There have been more incidents than that, but those are the major ones. I am not the hover type of mom. I can't watch his every move because there's really no time for that and I am okay with that. My mom would encase him in bubble wrap if she could. I mean, I don't let him walk to the gas station alone or anything....  

He loves wrestling. He loves when I tickle his belly when he's tired. He loves when I hold him and he grabs my shirt and I spin him in circles. He loves to sleep in our bed next to me. He loves to play outside and doesn't care if it's cold or not. He loves his family. He loves his dog, Milo. He loves music. He loves to dance. He LOVES to eat cheese and eat popsicles on the back deck. He loves trucks and trains. 

Your life changes when you become pregnant, but it really changes when your child(ren) make their entrance into this world. Everything changes in more ways than one. I was scared shit-less when Max was born. Well, even before he was born. I had labored for about 30 hours and they come back and tell me that within an hour he's going to be here via c-section due to minor complications. "WHAT!? NO! Can't we just keep him in there a little longer? WHAT THE HELL DID WE DO DANNY!?" Those were all of my thoughts. It didn't matter because about an hour later he was here and he was perfect. I really had no connection to him for maybe 2 weeks at least. I don't care how horrible that sounds... that's how it was for me. I loved him, no doubt, but I had to get to know him. Part of it was how exhausted I was and I was struggling a little bit with postpartum depression. I was just sort of going through the motions and it was a horrible experience. Looking back, it's hard to believe it was that way for me because he is my entire world. The last 2 years have been incredible. He is so incredible. You never realize that you could love another human being as much as you love your child. It is heartbreaking because you never want them to grow up, really. I still stare at him occasionally when he sleeps and cry. Not because I am sad necessarily, but because I am blessed. God chose me to be this amazing little boy's mom <3

Happy Mother's Day to all of you moms out there! And to the dads who have to be the mom and dad! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30 days of Thanks

Hello, hello, hello. I was at work thinking about this giving thanks for something every day of November. It is a pretty nifty idea... something I picked up from my wonderful friend, Lacy : ) So, what if we take this month and every day out of it to give thanks for something or someone? Way too often we focus on the bad things surrounding us vs. all of the good things we have in our lives and should be thankful for. We are all very guilty of this. Sometimes, it does not take much to bring down our entire day. There is so much I am thankful for, so I want to take this one month and every day of it, to tell you. What are you thankful for? Comment on this blog :)

Love & Other Drugs

I had been so ready to see the movie, Love and Other Drugs.  What a disappointment. I could not even get through all of the movie. I plan on watching it again today...alone. I watched it last night with Brad, so I don't know if that had anything to do with it. I should probably watch the movie in full before I start giving reviews about the movie as a whole. However, the first half...nothing but sex! Now, I am not against a good sex scene in a movie here and there, but come on. Not to mention that I have lost a little respect for Anne Hathaway. What is with her showing her breasts every chance she gets? Not to mention the near full frontals. She went from Princess Diaries to...this. I know, I know, she's grown up and I am sure she has been there and done that. I really expected nothing less of Jake Gyllenhaal. He is a man and let's face it...Brokeback Mountain.   I guess I am just speaking about movies in general. It just irritates me. It seems that we cannot watch a movie

I can feel it coming in the air tonight..

This is going to be the blog to win them all. I just got home from work a bit ago. While I was at work someone showed me a Facebook picture of some pregnant girl standing in front of the mirror taking a picture of herself while smoking a cigarette. She is about 18/19. Standing in front of the mirror. Smoking a cigarette. Oh wait..did I say that twice? Yeah..guess so, because it is so crazy. I have nothing against young girls getting pregnant as long as you can take care of your business. There is a problem with people these days and I cannot figure it out. I am sure it has been going on for quite some time, but now that I am older, I actually notice it. People like to blame it on their past and how they had to grow up, but those excuses do not cut it for me. I grew up with a really crappy childhood and most statistics would say that I should probably be into drugs, etc. by the way I grew up. Have some respect for yourself is all I have to say. It's ridiculous. If you do not respect