2012 Re-Cap

I have read a lot of posts from people saying that 2012 was a great year, which is great for them, but for me personally, I had to get over really awful things to get to the really awesome things.

In January, we lost a very great person - Everett - and that has been a very rough thing for all of us to deal with. Now it's been almost a year since he has been physically absent from our lives and that is hard to believe. Happy New Year from afar, Ev! I'll just say I drank some sparkling grape juice in your honor!

In May I managed to remain in a relationship for a total of 4 years and that such a great accomplishment? I can't think of a better word. But, in June ON THE 12th, a week before my birthday, that relationship fizzled and I dramatically thought I was going to die, but it was for the better. I have experienced so many things - wonderful things - since then that I couldn't imagine being in that relationship. I would have missed out on so many things and events with people - my relationships with people. 

The summer simply came and went too fast. I had an awful bicycle accident that knocked the crap out of me, so that was fun. I went on the trip of a lifetime to New York City with my Be Fri, Shannon and my grandpa. 

In just the last few months I started a relationship with a new guy and overall, he has been wonderful. I am thankful for him. Both Thanksgiving and Christmas were grand. I managed to get a new job at Blue Cross Blue Shield which I start in about 5 days. My mother won free Taylor Swift tickets and Lori and I will be seeing her perform in St.Louis March 18th. 

Those are some of the BIG things I can remember off the top of my head from 2012. None of the other years have mattered to me much, but last night I was thinking to myself how crazy it is that it is a new year, but I refuse to hold myself to any expectations. 2012 threw so many curve balls and it was all for the better. I managed to learn so much about myself. The end of the year was spent with some of the best people I could ask for. People that I am so thankful for. Here is to more great memories with great people in 2013!

**If I could give any real advice to people for 2013, it would be to not hold yourself to harsh expectations. A new year always packs a punch with new pressure. People set goals like losing weight, getting engaged or getting married, getting a new and better job, etc. Stop with all of that. I try to live without expecting anything, so when it does happen.. it is a wonderful and pleasant surprise. 


Comments